Recent blog posts
28th May 2013
Golden rules to avoid back pain
For those suffering back pan… and those who would like to avoid it!
- Pain is a warning that should not be ignored hoping it will go away. Never persist in taking painkillers.
- Sit on firm-cushioned, upright chairs and try not to slouch on soft cushions.
- Do not sit for prolonged periods, it often makes a sore back worse.
- Sleep on a supportive but not hard bed. Never sleep on the floor. Sleep on your side if possible and get out of bed carefully in the morning.
- Staying in bed does not help most kinds of back pain. Move around frequently.
- Do not cough or sneeze in a bent over position.
- Avoid bending, lifting or twisting.
- When shopping, walk purposefully, don’t amble.
- Do not use heat, ice packs work best.
- If it hurts, stop what you are doing to make it sore.
- Do not delay seeking treatment; it is more difficult to treat problems which have become ingrained.